Where There's a Will...

Sunday, March 20, 2005:

Terri Schiavo: her right to live or die?
What is wrong with the Republicans? Why are they involving themselves in a personal matter? What is to be gained by forcing themselves upon a family like they are? Peggy Noonan is right, though wrong. The Repubs will pay a price, for interfering in a private family matter, for rushing through laws designed for one person, not for the community-at-large. This is a slippery slope and I don't like it!

To respond to the suggestion that Michael, Terri's husband, is playing god; well, so are Terri's parents and those who want to keep her alive. This argument is phony, and without merit.

Do I want Terri to die? Yes, yes, I do. She will be better off dead. Anyone in her situation would be better off deceased. I know that I would prefer to be dead, and not kept alive artificially. If I am unable to use my arms, legs, if I am unable to move around unencumbered, please kill me. I will sign any release absolving you of all liability, granting you immunity from prosecution, if you do the necessary deed.

You may think that I have a death wish. Nothing could be further from the truth, I just believe that if life requires artificial means for it to continue, than it isn't a life worth living.

That is all for now.

Posted by KG6YCR

Riker17 // 14:42
______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









There's a website full of opinions. This blog will touch on all topics from all points of the globe and whether you agree with me or not is secondary to my ultimate purpose. Please enjoy my audio posts as well, and any comments can be emailed to will@riker17.com. I am providing this as a service to my fans. (Large ego? Ya think?!)

Archives