Where There's a Will...

Friday, September 19, 2003:

If I were a student at her school, I would have been the second name on this petition. I fully endorse and support what she is doing. But, my main question is: Why is this a story? The Negros have their club, the brownskins have theirs, even the natives (Indians) have a club of their own in some schools. I think it is about time that white-skins show some pride!

Girl Wants To Start Caucasian Club At High School

OAKLEY, Calif. -- Lisa McClelland says she isn't a racist. She says her campaign for a Caucasian Club at her California high school is a move toward diversity, not bigotry.

She says everyone is invited -- and nobody will be excluded.

McClelland's ethnic background includes American Indian, Hispanic, Dutch, German, Italian and Irish. She says she and her friends feel slighted by other clubs at Freedom High School in Oakley, such as the Black Student Union and the Asian Club.

McClelland says she's collected 245 signatures of support from students, adults and others since announcing her plans three weeks ago.

One person who won't be signing up is Darnell Turner, first vice president of the local chapter of the NAACP. Turner says he thinks the club will create racial tension.

Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

My comment to Mr. Turner is this: And you think that your club doesn't cause racial tension? Why is it okay for the blacks and browns to represent, but not the whites? Would someone pose these q's to him, please? I demand honest and fair answers! Is that too much to ask?

~WILL~

p.s. This post may be offensive to some less fortunate in-duh-viduals. If you are among that group, I don't appoligize for my opinions. I defend them proudly!

Riker17 // 22:38
______________________

Comments: Post a Comment

This site is powered by Blogger because Blogger rocks!









There's a website full of opinions. This blog will touch on all topics from all points of the globe and whether you agree with me or not is secondary to my ultimate purpose. Please enjoy my audio posts as well, and any comments can be emailed to will@riker17.com. I am providing this as a service to my fans. (Large ego? Ya think?!)

Archives